Friday, July 22, 2011

Avocados!

Hey everyone,

Yesterday I had to do my workout in my living room. Obviously a gym is more ideal, but i have a bit of a situation keeping me from the gym... At McMaster you can only buy gym passes per term, so since it's 3/4 way through term I'm not going to pay full price for 1mo of gym and have to renew again in September. I may go down there and try to negotiate soon though.

Anyhow, I have 25lb and 8lb dumb bell pairs, a yoga mat, furniture, and a fan (no AC :'(). The workouts I have been doing are based off of bodybuilding.com (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/womans_lean_sexy_bible.htm) so I adjusted the "Week 1-4 Tuesday" workout for my living room. Squats I did with 25lb dumbbells at my side (light weight so I did plenty of extra reps). I did stiff leg deads again with extra reps. For lying leg curls/leg extentions I substituted with different workouts. For Quads I did reverse lunges with 8lb dumbbells in hand (extra reps again). For Hammy's I did a reverse plank. This I had to get creative with: I put my yoga mat down infront of a stool, laid on my back with heels on the stool, and stiffened my body upwards (head, hips, heels in line) with my arms supporting on the ground. I held this long as I could bear it for 3 sets. Calf raises I did ten per step of the entire flight of stairs (no more than a moment's rest between each). And then I completed the abs simply on my yoga mat. The workout did me well though! I woke this morning with achy muscles (such a great feeling - reminds you that you DID something). This also helps a bit with water retention - since I have no AC so I was sweating profusely the entire time :P

This post is titled Avocados! because yesterday was the first day I added a half avocado into my daily diet! I LOVE AVOCADOS. The nutrition in these things is amazing and they're so delicious. A great salad consists of: 1-2 sprigs chopped dill, 1/2 avocado chopped, chopped tomatoes/cucumbers/snowpeas/what ever veggies you love, 1tbsp balsamic vinegar, pepper. Super healthy and soooo delicious!

Tomorrow is Farmer's Market visit to pick up some delicious, fresh, organic produce :D

Hope you all are feeling great :)
-Cait

No comments:

Post a Comment