Sunday, July 24, 2011

Cheat Day 2

Hola!

Cheat day number 2... More successful than the seditating east side marios from last week, but still not 100%! Michael and I got up this morning, started our day with protein smoothies (which I will give you a healthy breakfast kick-start recipe for). Then we went around the corner to a local bakery for cinnamon buns, only to find they're closed Sundays. We ended up settling for Second Cup and were not impressed with their cherry cheese cake. Was fridge-old and rock solid, not the mouth watering soft and evil cheese cake we were looking forward to. I actually got my money back, and I am not the type to complain about bad food!

We finished our coffees and then went for a hike through a local conservation area, mostly forests/trails/streams. I had been there a few times before but it was Mike's first visit. We went for a hard 45min hard hike - got a sweat on! Was nice to have a thoroughly enjoyable workout even on our cheat day :) got our blood pumping and enjoyed the scenery and adventure as well.

When we got home we went to the nearby grocery store to find our cheat-dinner. We had started the Sunday cheat ideas with: pizza, nachos, ice cream, etc etc. BAD stuff. But we've been eating so clean recently we couldn't do it. Instead I made a stir fry with tofu chicken and broccoli with general tao chicken, and a side of rice. Michael also made fries and I had some of those Quaker rice crisp chips. I am STUFFED! Don't feel disgusting though which is nice. The only downer to the meal was pretty high sodium. I have that nasty dry mouth feeling. Still struggling with doing cheats right lol! Til' next Sunday :)

I have just about completed my diet. This is where it stands right now:

Meal 1: Protein smoothie (breakfast recipe at the end)
Meal 2: 1/2 cup egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1/4 cup spinach/arugala, scrambled and micro cooked, with 1/2 cup salsa, 1 slice of multigrain bread
Meal 3: 1/2 cup quinoa, 3/4 cup spinach/arugala, veggies, 1tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1tsp mustard, 1tbsp lemon juice, 1tbsp udo's oil, 1/4 brick tofu, 1tbsp "super seeds", 1/4cup unsalted mixed nuts --- done as a cold salad
Meal 4: 1/2 avocado, veggies, lemon juice/balsamic vinegar/fresh dill -- done as a salad
Meal 5: Protein bar
Meal 6: 1/2 cup lentils (done as curry), with 1 cup broccoli
Meal 7: Protein shake with 1tbsp udo's oil - right before bed

Stats: 2046 calories, 94.5g fat, 234.1g carbs, 138.2g protein.
                               36% fat, 40% carbs, 24% protein
Info courtesy of FitDay - thank you!

So these meals are throughout the day, with 2-2.5 hours in between each one. It's been hard for me to eat all of these as I just don't get hungry for it. Michael was telling me you have to force your metabolism to speed up and then after about a week of doing it religiously at the 2.5hour mark you will always be hungry by that time. I have yet to add in the lentils meal - I'm headed to Bulk Barn this week to re-stock my supplies :)

I also obviously have more adjusting to do: I need to increase my protein and keep the calories around 2000. I am switching protein powders/bars soon so I'll have to fix that when the time comes as well. 

As @JeanetteJenkins said, "Fail to plan and you are planning to fail."

Cheers everyone!

-Cait

Breakfast Smoothie
  • 1 scoop protein
  • Half a banana (pre-frozen)
  • Berries (pre-frozen)
  • 2 heaping scoops of ground flax seeds
  • 1 tsp glut-amine powder
  • 1 cup non-sweetened almond milk
  • Water & ice - base on thickness
Blend together and drink in the morning with your daily supplements! Gives a kick to your metabolism with low carbs, high fiber, high protein!

No comments:

Post a Comment