Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Oh She Glows!

My new room mate showed me a vegan lifestyle blog called "Oh She Glows" and I am quite certain this will become my new nutrition and recipe source! The blog is great, pictures look delicious, and there are so many delicious looking recipes. Since it's fall, there are lots of comforting fall-chill foods with pumpkin, nutmeg, cinnamon, sweet potatoes and on and on. I can't wait to start tackling them all!

Today for lunch I made an Oh She Glows inspired salad - I didn't have all the ingredients so I improvised. I did quinoa, with orange lentils, chick peas, spinach/arugala, other veggies, and a light cuminy lemony dressing. It was deeeelicious and now I also have lots of pre-cooked carbs for a few days :)

I went to the general meeting for the track team today, with fanciful dreams of being a varsity track athlete. Only to realize I don't really want to commit all my time to a sport, let alone having that time in the first place, and the standard times are very quick, I'd hate to have a defeatist attitude, but I am nearly certain I wouldn't be able to run those to make the team let alone compete. I have decided to try my hand at intramural sports, so we'll see if I can get in on any this fall :)

I hit the gym after the meeting for an upper body workout. I forgot to write my workout down so I was texting Mike like a dork in the locker room! :P Upper body went great, felt good and lifted good weight. Afterwards I attended yoga at the Mac gym - always love yoga with Phil. I got plenty of cracks, pops, and stretches. I nearly fell asleep at the end of class during a lying down breathing exercise!

That's all for today. Is it just me or does it feel like this week has been going on forever?

-Cait :)

No comments:

Post a Comment